Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
$45,276.94 – $51,135.29 annually
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
Currently, there is a temporary opportunity available until September 24, 2021.
Amendment: March 24th – Closing date extended until April 5th 2021
Apply your excellent customer service skills in this unique administrative opportunity
Reporting to the Library Administrator, the Library Technician performs a variety of paraprofessional duties in both the client service and technical areas such as reference and orientation, interlibrary loan service, acquisitions, cataloguing, circulation, serials maintenance, table of contents service, and stack maintenance.
The Technician ensures that sector clients obtain the information they require to maintain a current level of professional knowledge in their field of expertise and provides an effective reference and research service for sector staff in Victoria and throughout the province. This role will contribute to the
identification, selection and/or ordering of materials for inclusion in the library. The technician will catalogue materials and provide reference, inter-library loan, audio-visual, and related financial and
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative,
inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Diploma from a two or three year library technician program from an accredited college, OR;
• Currently completing final semester before graduating from a two or three year library technician
program from an accredited college.
Preference may be given to candidates with any of the following:
• Experience working in a government or corporate library.
• Experience using EBSCO online databases.
• Experience using the Symphony platform from SirsiDynix.
• Minimum 1 year experience classifying and cataloguing books and other materials.
• Minimum 1 year experience answering general reference questions; searching online data bases
and internet, compiling available information, and summarizing contents to fulfill user requests.
• Minimum 1 year experience providing customer service.
For more information and to apply online by April 5th 2021, please go to: