|Job Posting Open Date||04/30/2021|
|Job Posting Close Date|
|Position Start Date||08/30/2021|
|Position End Date||12/17/2021|
|Location||Lansdowne & Interurban|
|Applicant Portal Position Category||Faculty|
|Employee Group||Faculty (CCFA)|
|Salary||Salary is commensurate with education and experience as per the Collective Agreement.|
|Number of positions to be hired under this posting||1|
|Workload Percentage [%]||Varies (25-50% depending on the availability of candidates)|
|Position Type||Term Part Time|
|Posting Type||Employees & General Public|
|Department||Applied Business Technology|
|Job Description||The School of Business invites applications from qualified candidates for part-time term instructor in the Applied Business Technology Department. We are seeking individuals who are energetic and have successfully taught at the College level with the ability to communicate effectively with students both in and out of the classroom. Course assignments for Fall 2021 may include but are not limited to: BUS 140; BUS 145; ABT 120. Candidates should address their experience related to these courses in their application.|
|Job Description Additional Information||The School of Business offers more than 30 business programs, including degrees, post-degree diplomas, certificates, diplomas and university transfer courses. Students develop the knowledge, skills and values necessary to succeed in a changing business world.|
To learn more about the School of Business and for course descriptions, please visit: http://camosun.ca/learn/school/business
The following is required for successful employment at Camosun College:
• A demonstrated commitment to the scholarship of teaching and learning
• Active participation in our learner centered environment while promoting excellence in program discipline
• Ability to plan, organize and evaluate teaching approaches and outcomes to maximize student learning
• Commitment to current and trending philosophies, practices and advancements
• Adherence to, and compliance with teaching related policies, procedures and protocols
• A consistent demonstration of excellence and respect in verbal and written communications
• An ability to contribute to and cultivate collegial and collaborative work relationships
• Comfort and familiarity with educational technology and MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel
• Capable of thriving in a BC post-secondary education setting that’s welcoming and relevant to Indigenous learners and helping to prepare non-Indigenous students, graduates and employees to better understand, live alongside of, and work with Indigenous peoples.
• A commitment to sustainable practices within our environment and society
|Qualifications||Master’s degree or equivalent in related field|
• Five years of related practical work experience.
• Diverse post-secondary instructional experience including MS Office.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
|Capabilities||The core capabilities are required for all positions at the college.Focus on Students and Their Success (Core)|
• We all have a role to play in promoting and supporting students – directly or indirectly – contributing to their success, education and transition as they build their path to the future.Cultural Alignment (Core)
• Inclusion and respect align with Camosun’s traditions of lifelong learning and positive, supportive experiences for all. We examine our individual and institutional cultures and, through indigenization, consider other ways of knowing (thinking), being (approaches), doing (acting), and relating.Fostering and Nurturing Relationships (Core)
• Fostering and nurturing relationships is at the core of everything we do. Successful workplace relationships take time to develop and include building trust, engagement and collaboration.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting||http://camosun.peopleadmin.ca/postings/3003|