ARCHIVES AND RECORDS OFFICER
Regular Full time
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam offers meaningful career opportunities to make a difference within the local community. As the sixth largest city in BC, we are home to more than 150,000 residents. Our diverse municipality is a great place to work as it continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre. We envision a bright future in Coquitlam that we hope includes you!
The City of Coquitlam is offering a unique opportunity for an individual interested in the fields of records and information management and archives. Fulfilling the function of a Records Analyst for the City Clerk’s Office on a daily basis, this individual will be instrumental in the City’s Records Management Program and the City Archives Program. This position will assist in these program areas with varying degrees of time with each depending on emerging needs.
Records Management work will involve maintaining and improving the City’s corporate records management system. Core responsibilities of the records analyst portion of the position will include the following:
- Training and providing advice to staff on the City’s enterprise document management system (eDOCS);
- Responding to records questions from City staff;
- Administering the City’s corporate scanning program;
- Managing the City’s Records Centre;
- Ensuring compliance with and updating the City’s records retention schedules;
- Developing and updating related policies, procedures, user manuals, and guides;
- Assisting with the profiling, retrieval, and destruction of records;
- Facilitating the transfer of city records to the Archives.
As part of the City Clerk’s Office team this position works closely with departments to assist in their understanding of their roles and responsibilities under the City’s decentralized record-keeping structure. This position will also assist the manager in relation to the City’s statutory duties under the British Columbia Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Responsibilities related to the Archives will include the following:
- Arranging and describing archival records and creating finding aids in the Archives’ AtoM Portal;
- Preserving and rehousing archival materials;
- Providing reference services to City staff, researchers, and members of the public;
- Assisting with outreach initiatives such as presentations and exhibits;
- Assisting with digital preservation initiatives, including ingest, integrity checks, migration, and dissemination.
Along with possessing excellent communication skills and a solid understanding of the legislation, standards, and policies that govern the work, the preferred candidate will have a Master’s Degree in Information Studies or Archival Science or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Familiarity with the Local Government Management Association’s (LGMA) Records Manual, OpenText’s eDOCS software suite, AtoM archival management software, Archivematica digital preservation software, and the British Columbia Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the federal Copyright Act is preferred.
Ability to accommodate occasional work outside regular office work hours for the year-end file roll-over process and software testing/upgrades, and events will be required. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs is also required.
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. This is a CUPE position and is compensated at $32.90 – 38.73 per hour (2020 CUPE rates). Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation (with no adverse reports).
Good people make Coquitlam great, sign up for career alerts through our recruitment portal to stay up to date about opportunities within our team, or follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about how #YouCouldWorkHere too!
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55 pm on June 21, 2021.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.