Ministry of Citizens’ Services
$66,557.72 – $75,884.38 annually
2 permanent full time positions are available.
An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technical skills
The Corporate Information and Records Management Office, within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services, provides information management oversight and guidance to all ministries and applicable broader public sector agencies.
The Government Records Service (GRS) is the lead branch in CIRMO respecting the life-cycle management of information. GRS is a leader in delivering on government’s commitment to transform its information management in the digital age through the implementation of the Information Management Act.
Archivists work in a team environment to:
• Develop integrated records classification and scheduling systems for client ministries. • Appraise government information to determine which records will ultimately be destroyed and which will be selectively or fully retained as archives.
• Review and select specific sets of records for transfer to the government archives. • Develop, revise, and advise on government-wide information management, policy, standards, and guides, and other communications tools.
• Provide information management and information governance advice to stakeholders and clients; and performs special projects and other duties on behalf of the GRS Leadership Team; and,
• Contribute to the ingest, preservation and public accessibility of information in government’s digital archives.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Master’s degree in Archival Studies or a related degree or an equivalent combination of related education/training and experience may be considered.
• 1 years’ experience in archival appraisal for selection.
• Experience working with and providing advice to staff and clients.
For more information, and to apply online by November 21, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/81792