Information Analyst (Privacy)
|Temporary, full time||Victoria, BC Canada|
|Salary Range||Criminal Record Check|
|$79,924.74 to $91,233.32 per annum (salary includes 9.9% temporary market adjustment)||Required|
|Information Systems R27||July 5, 2022|
|The anticipated duration of this appointment is twelve months. This appointment may be extended or become regular. An eligibility list to fill future vacancies may be established.Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level.|
Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca.
What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces, sit/stand desks, and lots of natural light
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
BC Pension Corporation is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID-19 while supporting our culture of community and connection in our hybrid workplace. We have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees, as a condition of their employment, to confidentially self-disclose to the Corporation that they are fully vaccinated (two COVID-19 vaccinations). Details about the COVID-19 verification process will be provided at the time of offer.
Hybrid Work Model
This position is located in our Victoria, BC office. You will have the opportunity to work part of the time on-campus and part of the time off-campus. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and vary according to the unique needs of each business area.
We are seeking an Information Analyst, with a special focus on privacy, to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As an Information Analyst, you will be a part of a high functioning team of information management professionals. You will join us at an exciting time – we are transitioning to cloud-based applications (M365 platform) and are exploring how best to support our clients with this new technology. You will use your extensive privacy and information management knowledge and expertise to support implementation of enterprise information management standards, and practices across the organization. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to advance their privacy and information management (IM) career, with opportunities to demonstrate leadership, learn about cloud technologies, and develop IM and privacy governance.
This role requires a detail-oriented and client-focused individual to provide information management (IM) and privacy analysis. You will play a key role in helping corporation staff apply IM best practices and contribute to multiple project teams.
What do you need to succeed?
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline and a minimum of three years of recent, related experience; OR
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Studies, or a related discipline and five years of recent, related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of related education, training, and seven years of recent, related experience.
- Minimum of three years of recent experience providing business and/or information analysis/ or privacy risk analysis on information management projects.
- Experience with information management and privacy legislation (e.g., FOIPPA).
- Experience with a content management system, e.g. SharePoint, OpenText, HP Trim, M365
Nice to have
- Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Experience with privacy risk analysis.
- Experience implementing information management programs
- Experience implementing information strategies.
- Experience with information or data quality initiatives or metadata or taxonomy management.
- Information related designation.
To learn more about the Information Analyst (Privacy) position, please click the link to the job description at the bottom of the page.
Cover letter: Please do not submit a cover letter; it will not be reviewed.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job requirements.
Current employees must have their supervisor’s approval in writing before applying on an under seven-month temporary assignment. Please attach the approval notification when applying.
Please submit your application through the Apply Now feature on this page.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com.
For more information please see the Full Job Description or the original posting here on BC Pension’s website here: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/internaljobs/16884.html